Those Friends that Remembers You when they have Asoebi for sale

I'm here- literally thinking about my life then a message pops up on my screen. Checked the sender and it was an old schoolmate and I'm like - okay. I just went on with my thinking  (I'm I the only one who has to be emotionally ready and stable before reading a message or answering a call? lol). 

I finally read the message after 3 hours of course.  The usual 'Dear', 'Darling' from the old friend keeps springing up here and there. I managed to reply likewise even though my instinct thought otherwise. I said to myself, since it took me 3 hours to reply she had probably take longer. Boy! Was I wrong??? I kept on seeing "...typing a message" before I could reply to the 'how is life' phrase. She hits me with the I'm getting married dear. I screamed- trust me I wasn't feigning the excitement I was truly happy.

Whist basking in the excitement she added immediately that my Asoebi is out and it's affordable. I quickly grabbed a chair and typed 'okay'. I said 'so the price of the affordable Asoebi is how much?' ( I had to put a grinning smiley to mask my brokeness). She said it's just 20k! I just quickly had my moku mogbe moment and my mind wandered to my 30k salary. I just started laughing hysterically... I finally managed to type 'okay' and I quickly went offline before she hits me with something that will finally cripple me.

What is your asoebi experience???
Right now I'm undecided on what story to come up with *thinking*. It's not like we are even best of friends to come and part with 20k I'm this recession!!!

Comments

Popular Posts